You are a detail-oriented individual with experience supporting the production, publication, and promotion of English- and Thai-language content for multiple digital platforms.
We are PAPER & PAGE (Thailand) Co., Ltd., an award-winning Bangkok-based creative digital marketing agency that PRovoke (formerly the Holmes Report) recognized as one of Asia-Pacific’s “new PR consultancies of the year 2019.” Our team is recruiting for the position of Assistant Editor of the Thailand NOW website. This is a contract position for a six-month period, with options to renew terms. As Assistant Editor, you would collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief on matters of content strategy & production. This includes coordinating with team members & our client to meet publishing deadlines and ensuring all copy is factually accurate, original, and effective at meeting the website’s goals.
To be successful in this position, you should be able to support all stages of the publication process to deliver useful and compelling content.
- Collaborating with the Editor-in-Chief to come up with new and engaging content
- Drafting topic briefs and assigning articles to freelance writers
- Overseeing writing projects to ensure accurate information and effective writing
- Reviewing written work for accuracy, sense, content, and readability and making suggestions for improvements
- Suggesting supporting material — including graphs, images, and charts — to complement the written piece
- Performing research and compiling information to write compelling, informative, and engaging articles
- Proofreading your own articles and projects
- Using social media to promote written articles
- Using search engine optimization (SEO) to guide team members in creating topics of interest
- Following current events and news to suggest new content
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and translation (EN-TH) skills
- Good attention to detail, communication, and English language skills
- Great critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of publishing tools, such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Trello
- Experience with SEO, social media marketing, and WordPress web development is desirable